AFS/Airport - SS021 Bldg 1549 Old Fire Station
Chemicals, Diesel, Gas
Past Work on Site
SS021 is a former Fire Station which operated between its construction in 1945 and its demolition in the 1970s. The site is closely associated with SS014 and SS017 due to their adjacent proximities. Historic sampling activities identified soil and groundwater contamination associated with this site in 1992, with additional screening conducted in 2002. In 2010, soil was again investigated, with DRO, GRO, and VOCs exceeding soil and groundwater cleanup levels. An interim removal action was conducted in 2011 in association with removal actions at SS014 and SS017, and sampling confirmed concentrations above screening levels for DRO, GRO, RRO, and VOCs including TCE and benzene.